October 2, 2007

A Word of Thanks

We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures.
Thornton Wilder

All too often we overlook moments that deserve our undivided attention. Life is hard and catches us by surprise but we tend to forget how this truth applies to each person. No one is required to pick up your broken pieces and put them back together.

So, when someone does a nice gesture for me or helps out without even being asked I am forced to pause and recognize that generosity. Compassion is a virtue this world is severely lacking and I consider it truly amazing that another person, with their own set of trials and worries, can step outside themselves to help another.

For the times I may have forgotten to acknowledge all those who have stepped in when I couldn’t even ask for help, THANK YOU!!! Your kindness and selflessness was not in vain.

0 comments: