March 13, 2007

Courage

So, lately I've been keeping a close ear to the universe and all it has to share with me. I believe the universe is always talking to us. We just have to listen but over the last few years, I hadn't done much listening despite my better judgment. Now, ignoring it is no longer an option.

It's ironic how long I've spent thinking about when "things" in my life were finally going to "come together" or "fall into place"… What does that even mean - "come together"? Apparently, this was something I needed to define in some way, if not for my benefit, then for that of those who'd surely ask eventually. As if my life could really compare to copy ready for print. At least, this is what I used to think. The thing is…

This is not a dress rehearsal. Everything we do each day sets the stage for the production that is our life. We have "casting calls" that audition the characters we will incorporate or ultimately exclude. The wardrobe changes are endless, we have redefined "on location" and our own character usually morphs into several variations of the original throughout its given appearance. That said, I challenge you to live as if someone had just pressed the "record" button. Don't worry, only you will be able to see the final cut just remember that you only get one shot.

2 comments:

Evansentangel said...

SO CLASSIC! I can almost hear the video now... ONE SHOT By M&M ***** Now or Never Right? ***I can't wait forever" is actually playing as I listen...Time won't let me... woahwow **************wait that long...Get busy, time for change...

PearlGem said...

I wasn't inspired by a song for this post but can certainly relate to that feeling.